Monday, March 14, 2022

The Trailblazers

The Trailblazers

I've always been partial to these vintage books where the story is accompanied by photographs.  This one is a Scholastic book from 1975.  (I'm guessing it was used in the classroom or ordered from a book fair).  My husband is older than me and rides, so this made me think of him and being a kid in the 1970's.  

It's hard to tell from the photographs alone what the story is about.  It's about a group of kids who like to ride minibikes and have formed a club.  Soon a trouble maker starts bullying one of their members.  But with some kindness and the guidance of a friendly police officer who wants to prevent the kid from getting into bigger trouble, they welcome him into their group.  Soon he's learning about mini bikes and working to pay off some of the damage he's done.  I love the dated clothes and haircuts and the representation of a time when kids had a lot more freedom and responsibility.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment