Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Aesop’s Fables illustrated by the Provensens

 I had a good score at the thrift shop the other day.  On my way out after paying for my treasures, I passed the 50 cent book bin.  That’s always too good to pass up!  I found this treat- large oversized hardback of Aesop’s Fables illustrated by Alice and Martin Provensen.  So back into the store I went to pay for my new found discovery.  (This is actually not a rare occurrence for me… thinking I’m done shopping, paying for my goods and then spotting something else before I make it to the car and having to go back inside!)

Of course I’m always glad I went back for it.  I’m quite pleased with this addition to our Provensen collection.  The stork on the front is my absolute favorite!

Aesop's Fables
Adapted by Louis Untermeyer
illustrated by Alice and Martin Provensen







No comments:

Post a Comment