Friday, September 27, 2024

The Fireside Book of Children's Songs

One of my very favorite bookstores is The Archive.  It's a warehouse filled with old books, magazines, and every kind of paper ephemera you can possibly imagine.  It's a treasure trove!  It's organized in a way, but you have to be prepared to really search and don't be surprised if you're unexpectedly rewarded with books like this.  Dale, the owner sometimes does $1 sales up on the second floor.  That's where I found this Fireside Book of Children's Songs with the most delectable 1960's illustrations.  Each page is more glorious than the one before.  I didn't even pay any attention to what the songs were!

The Fireside Book of Children's Songs
Edited by Marie Winn
Musical arrangements by Allan Miller
Illustrations by John Alcorn 1966

Definitely look up the artist John Alcorn.  I was so pleased to see that he also made some designs for Federico Fellini films (I am a Fellini fan!). He was pretty prolific in the publishing world which might explain why his designs look familiar to me.







This spider!!















No comments:

Post a Comment