Sunday, March 3, 2024

Brer Rabbit and His Tricks


The Title Page bookshop in Bryn Mawr, PA










"More of Brer Rabbit's Tricks" was recently found at an awesome used bookshop in Bryn Mawr called "The Title Page".  I had a lunch date with my friend, Margaux and we decided to check it out.  We didn't realize that we were walking into quite a treasure trove!  Edward Gorey's illustrations looked familiar when I pulled this green hardback from the children's section.  Sure enough when I got home I found our first copy.

Brer Rabbit stories are always fun to read because he is the consummate clever trickster.  Each time that he outwits that fox or wolf you can't help but laugh.  

Brer Rabbit and His Tricks
and
More of Brer Rabbit's Tricks
Ennis Rees
illustrated by Edward Gorey 1967, 1968













  

No comments:

Post a Comment