Thursday, February 29, 2024

Beneath the Moon

Beneath the Moon
Yoshi Yoshitani 2020

We recently took a little trip to Maryland to see my new baby niece.  The hotel we stayed in was within walking distance to a diner and a Barnes and Nobel.  Breakfast and books, perfect!  We spent a long time in the YA section suggesting books to Charlotte.  She's my pickiest reader but when she gets a book she likes she often reads it in a day and will re-read it over and over again.  I found this book and kept picking it back up again to see the pictures.  They're just stunning!  I ended up buying it just for me!  I like that the stories are condensed to just one page.  It's like a little "snack" of reading.  The collection is pretty diverse and includes some rather odd tales (but then aren't most fairy tales/myths pretty odd!).  "The Woman Who was Kind to Insects" was my favorite story.



This was a slightly different version of Tam Lin than what I'm used to.




I've always loved the Crane Wife (it also makes me think of the Decemberists' song).



No comments:

Post a Comment