Sunday, January 29, 2023

Chirri and Chirra Under the Sea

 I am always especially thrilled when I find a book at the thrift store that has been on my Amazon wish list.  I would never have expected to find this one at my local thrift shop, but there it was waiting for me to pluck it from the shelf!  I had only recently been made aware of the Chirri and Chirra books.  They are by the Japanese artist Kaya Doi and David Boyd does the English translations.  The story is cute, about two little girls on their bicycles who manage to ride into the ocean.  Their exploration is full of fantasy and all joy.  The illustrations are soft and sweet and absolutely delightful!  There are several more books of Chirri and Chirra's adventures in other places.  Can I find them all at the thrift store?!

Chirri and Chirra
Under the Sea
Kaya Doi  2020









No comments:

Post a Comment