Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hansel and Gretel



Cynthia Rylant
pictures by Jen Corace 2008

Yesterday we had a magical morning of misty rain and fog and the last bits of white snow.  The view out our kitchen window was ghosty trees and soft patches of brown earth.  The tree house and shed seemed to shrink further into the woods and I half expected to see story book children come walking out.  Today there was sun and lighter, less mysterious air.  All the same, I was in the mood for fairy tale reading and this book Hansel and Gretel by Cynthia Rylant (with Henry Darger-esk pictures by Jen Corace) did the trick. 







3 comments:

  1. I like the way you sound like you're already in the story even before you read the book! No last bits of snow or misty fog my way. Just lots and lots of rain. Sometimes I would like to think that there is a hippopotamus on my roof having a shower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete