Sunday, May 5, 2019

Time For Poetry

illustrated by Arthur Paul 1952

I'm of the opinion that you can't have too many collections of poetry.  There will definitely be repeats of especially classic poems, but each collection has it's own never before seen treasures.  I love discovering these!  It's also interesting to see the style of poems included depending on the publishing date.  It can be a time capsule of literature.

This 1950's collection is full of mid-century retro feel.  From the simple line drawings to the type face, to the robust variety of poets.  It's become my habit to place sticky notes at the poems I want to copy for letters or my children.


I recently tucked this one (Shop Windows) in Charlotte's lunchbox.  She came home and said she loved it!  (Though of course in our family I'm the one who can't pass up the books!)






No comments:

Post a Comment