Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Hello Lighthouse


Over Winter break we traveled down to South Carolina and then Florida.  Charleston is definitely someplace I'd like to visit again and spend more time exploring.  We only had a couple days there, but while walking around the city we found a wonderful bookstore- Blue Bicycle Books.  (Anytime we travel I manage to sniff out bookshops!)

Blue Bicycle Books is an interesting mix of new and old books.  In a back hallway shelf I found an antique copy of Twenty Years Before the Mast. I particularly liked the description on the front page:


In the children's room Madeleine picked up Hello Lighthouse.  I immediately loved the illustrations, some of which are drawn with the unique perspective of living in a lighthouse.  Sophie Blackall makes the life of a lighthouse keeper seem particularly charming.

Sophie Blackall 2018













No comments:

Post a Comment