Monday, October 25, 2010

Labyrinth

For you 80's kids, a book version of the movie, Labyrinth. I must have seen it when I was 10 or 11. I have a funny nostalgia for fantasy movies made in the 80's, especially ones with Jim Henson's muppets.  (Who else remembers The Dark Crystal and The Secret of NIMH and The Last Unicorn and The Neverending Story?)  Madeleine liked the movie, though she thought David Bowie was weird!  And she loved this book because of the illustrations.

Louise Gikow 1986
illustrated by Bruced McNally

Frustrated with her baby brother, Sarah wishes the goblins would take him.  When they do, she must go through the labyrinth to the castle of the goblin king (played by David Bowie) to rescue him. 



2 comments:

  1. i actually have this same book wonder what it might be worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much would you want for it? I can't find it anywhere! I had one as a child. I'd love to read it to my daughter :)

      Delete