Monday, May 24, 2010

A Visit to William Blake's Inn

 A Visit to William Blake's Inn : Poems for Innocent and Experienced Travelers
Nancy Willard 1981
Illustrated by Alice and Martin Provensen

Poems for Innocent and Experienced Travelers

Wonderful illustrations by Alice and Martin Provensen. (Our shelf also has their “A Peaceable Kingdom”.) Willard wrote the poems and though not in Blake’s language, they are a fair homage and a good introduction to Blake’s "Songs of Innocence" (which of course we dug out and read afterwards).

We have a second copy of this in excellent paperback condition. Leave a comment, I'll pick a random winner and mail it to you FREE! (It's just my way of sharing the book obsession!)





6 comments:

  1. This is me, commenting. So when will you pick the winner? You didn't say... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ooh ooh! Pick me! Pick me! I love reading your kiddo book reviews. I check them every day religiously. Children's books are so fun.

    --Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. the illustration with the animals is so delightful...
    i love the little stars and the cats golden gloves...i should like a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh if only we didn't already have this - I long for a giveaway that is a mystery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. not a mystery story but mysteriously new to us!

    ReplyDelete